(Unfortunately, I forgot that I had a Bible study soon after…with a bunch of women I had never met…with my now super garlicky breath. Nothing like a first impression.)
Here’s the recipe to try for yourself. (I found the delightful recipe here and adapted it for a gluten-free diet.)
Just a warning – have plenty of Listerine on hand or don’t breathe on anyone for awhile afterwards.
Chicken Pesto Rotini with Garlic Roasted Tomatoes
2 chicken breast
12oz gluten-free rotini (I used the Ronzoni brand)
1 8oz jar pesto sauce
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
garlic powder, to taste
1) Toss tomatoes, fresh garlic, Italian seasoning with approximately 1Tbsp olive oil (or enough to generously coat tomatoes).
2) Roast in a 350* oven for 20 minutes.
3) Prepare pasta according to package directions.
4) Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Pan fry with olive oil until chicken is done, then cut into chunks or shred (whichever you prefer).
5) Toss the chicken, rotini, pesto, and roasted tomatoes. Top with Parmesan cheese.
While you enjoy this delicious food, head over to Weekend Potluck where this recipe (plus many more) is linking up!